Author Topic: Android vs iPhone  (Read 2205 times)

Offline deeder7001

• Level 80
  • License: None
Android vs iPhone
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:36:12 AM »
So far I'm liking my iPhone. Not because I hate Android. Android actually kinda stressed me out a little bit. Changing ROMs constantly for that one little feature or feel. I had that with my Evo and S2. Though the S2 wasn't nearly as bad. I eventually settled on a single ROM but still kept going back to XDA.

iOS I like because of the absence of ROMs. I know it sounds weird. I like the iOS 6 look compared to the newest version. I don't have to worry about the newest feature sets or whatever. The apps I have installed just work. Example... Facebook for Android is kinda slow on my Evo and Kindle Fire(1st gen). On iOS it just works and isn't all slow and stuff. Less buggy.

I use my Kindle Fire for Pandora mostly. Sometimes I use Kodi so I can watch sports once in a while. Considering it's a 4 year old tablet it still pretty good. My Evo doesn't do much except take occasional pictures and run Pandora since development at XDA stopped some time ago.

Offline K6USY

• Administrator
    • K6USY.com
  • License: General
  • Grid Square: DM06CT
  • Call Sign: K6USY
  • Camera: Olympus E-PL5
  • Telescope: Celestron C5
Re: Android vs iPhone
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:10:22 AM »
I should have never purchased the first generation Kindle Fire; it's slow and the touch screen sucks. I ended up giving it to my mom; she likes it.

Personally I like iOS but to be fair I have not used Android much. I will say that the app selection on iOS is what keeps me from attempting to switch to Android.

Offline deeder7001

• Level 80
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
Did I mention that mine is rooted? Lol Still pretty slow though.

Offline K6USY

• Administrator
    • K6USY.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »
I used to jailbreak my iPhone so I could tether but now it's part of my plan.  I share 30Gb with 7 other family members. 

Offline deeder7001

• Level 80
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »
I still jailbreak. Mostly for unlimited Pandora skips and no ads and ios 6 theme. And a couple of other small things.

Offline K6USY

• Administrator
    • K6USY.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »
I stopped using Pandora, I was already paying for Amazon Prime so I switched to Prime Music.

Offline LJD

• Level 10
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
I used to own a Samsung Blackjack way back in 2007 days.   When the first iPhone came out, it was 100x better than any phone I had ever used before so I got it.    Essentially, I've been upgrading my iPhone every year because of that switch I made 8 years ago.   The reason I haven't switch to Andriod is that while they have made a really awesome product in recent years they haven't done anything worthy of switching my platform.    I'm pretty entrenched in the Apple ecosystem and it would require a much better phone for me to switch.    Right now, Andriod has as good of a product as Apple and that's not enough of a reason for me to switch.   

When I upgrade phones, I'm happy that my switch over process is about 20 minutes in the background as iTunes just ports everything over.  I've owned every iPhone and Aaron was in my phone as "Aaron" up until last year when I went through and added last names to all my old contacts because his contact information was ported over every single time.

Usually, I'll buy the new phone around dinner and have calls I need to make immediately after, so the thought of having to port stuff over sucks.

Offline K6USY

• Administrator
    • K6USY.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »
Not to mentions having to purchase apps on the new platform.  This is the main reason why I do not consider switching. 

Offline deeder7001

• Level 80
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »
It wasn't too painful for me to switch from Android to iOS. The gmail contacts thing is pretty awesome. I had an iPod Touch(2nd gen) back in 2009 so I already had some paid apps awaiting use again. Only reason I never had an iPhone til now is because Sprint didn't have them til 2012 I think.